Year 4 Staff:-
- Mr C Davies (Class Teacher)
- Miss L Archbold (Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs C Trela (Teaching Assistant)
- Mr L Williams (Student Teacher)
Children are expected to read at home but with Covid19 guidelines if a child brings their book bag back in to school it will need to be left in class box in school for 24 hours. Children who have their reading record signed 2-3 times in a week will receive 5 dojos which can be used to buy prizes from the dojo shop at the end of term.
Children will be expected to go on TTRockstars at home to become fluent at their times tables. All the way up to 12×12! Prizes, certificates and raffle tickets will be given as they improve their Rockstar status!
Children will be given a spelling list to learn on Tuesdays and will have a test on the following Monday.
Our PE lessons will be on a Thursday with LEAP – Due to COVID19 restrictions your child is to come in to school wearing their PE kit on this day or their own clothes.
There are lots of exciting things to look forward to in Year 4 this half term. Please click to see our Summer 1 Overview
- Literacy:- This term we will be focusing on Novel with the book ‘Why the whales came’ by Michael Morpurgo
- Mathematics Mastery: We will be continuing our work on Fractions, as well as Time and Measurement
- Please view the summer Year 4 topic map to find out what we will be learning in our foundation subjects.