The Mermaid Class
Year 3 Staff:-
- Miss Briscoe (Class Teacher and SENCO)
- Mrs Melia (Y3 Teaching Assistant – afternoons)
- Miss Currall (supporting teacher – mornings)
- Miss Cook (Teaching Assistant)
Summer Term 2021
Children may take their chromebooks home daily for homework purposes. Chromebooks must return to school fully charged the next day.
Children are expected to read daily at home. Please bring your reading book in with you each day with your signed reading record to receive a raffle ticket for our reading raffle. Our reading raffle prize draw will be pulled every Friday.
Children will be expected to go on TTRockstars at home to become fluent at their times tables. In Year 3 we are working on our 3, 4 and 8 times tables! Prizes, certificates and raffle tickets will be given as they improve their Rockstar status!
Children will be given a spelling list to learn on Tuesdays and will have a test on the following Monday.
Our PE lessons will be on a Wednesday with an Everton coach – Due to COVID19 restrictions your child is to come in to school wearing their PE kit on this day or their own clothes.
There are lots of exciting things to look forward to in Year 3 this half term!
- Literacy:- This term we will be reading ‘Stone Age Boy’ linked to our Stone Age history topic.
- Mathematics Mastery: We will be continuing our work on Multiplication and Division before moving onto Fractions.
- Please view our Topic Map to find out what we will be learning.