School Visits and Curriculum Enrichment
We offer a wide range of enrichment activities at Thomas Gray Primary School. These include a comprehensive programme of visits and a range of visitors coming into school from a variety of backgrounds. These activities support our teaching of the National Curriculum and our wider school curriculum, as well as promoting the overall aims of the school, including British Values and Equality and Diversity.
We were visited by The Pearl of Africa Choir on Monday 21st October 2019. We started the day with a fabulous assembly by the children in the choir with singing, dancing and African instruments. All children then took part in workshops over the day. We learnt how to play the African drums, dance and sing. At the end of the day the children all took part in an assembly for parents including the highlight dance -The welly dance. During the week the children and school held lots of fundraising events including selling some of the African choir hand made gifts. We raised £718.85 for the African Choir to help.
Other curriculum enrichment actvities include…
- GANGS Year 6 workshops – James Reilly
- Chester Zoo – 6 week Palm Oil Project – Year 1 to Year 6
- Chester Zoo – Palm Oil Visit – Year 1 to Year 6
- EYFS Attendance reward visit – Windmill Farm
- Viking Life – Martin Mere
- VIBE – Health and Well being workshops
- Nursery – Knowsley Safari Park
- Rowan Park – Gross motor , PSED
- Terecotta Warriors – Tate Gallery Liverpool
- Specialist Spanish Lessons – Kings Leadership College – Year 6 other Key Stage 2 Classes to benefit during the year.
- Cinema visit (Y1 to Y6) as part of National Schools’ Film Festival
- Fencing (Judo Education) – curriculum sessions for Year 5. Extra-curricular for 6. Other year groups to benefit from Judo throughout the year
- After school clubs – Bank Hall Mission, Judo, LEAP dance and gymnastics and football
- Specialist music lessons – Kings Leadership College – Year 5 and Year 6; Sefton Music Service Year 1 and Year 2.