We offer a wide range of enrichment activities at Thomas Gray Primary School. These include a comprehensive programme of visits and a range of visitors coming into school from a variety of backgrounds. These activities support our teaching of the National Curriculum and our wider school curriculum, as well as promoting the overall aims of the school, including British Values and Equality and Diversity.
Autumn Term Enrichment Activities 2018 included:
- GANGS Year 6 workshops – James Reilly
- Chester Zoo – 6 week Palm Oil Project – Year 1 to Year 6
- Chester Zoo – Palm Oil Visit – Year 1 to Year 6
- EYFS Attendance reward visit – Windmill Farm
- Viking Life – Martin Mere
- VIBE – Health and Well being workshops
- Nursery – Knowsley Safari Park
- Rowan Park – Gross motor , PSED
- Terecotta Warriors – Tate Gallery Liverpool
- Specialist Spanish Lessons – Kings Leadership College – Year 6 other Key Stage 2 Classes to benefit during the year.
- Cinema visit (Y1 to Y6) as part of National Schools’ Film Festival
- Fencing (Judo Education) – curriculum sessions for Year 5. Extra-curricular for 6. Other year groups to benefit from Judo throughout the year
- After school clubs – Bank Hall Mission, Judo, LEAP dance and gymnastics and football
- Specialist music lessons – Kings Leadership College – Year 5 and Year 6; Sefton Music Service Year 1 and Year 2.