Year 4 Staff:-
- Miss L McGaw (Class Teacher)
- Miss Currall (Teacher)
- Mrs McDermott (Teaching Assistant)
- Miss Valentine (Teaching Assistant)
PE in Year 4 is on a Tuesday. Please ensure your child has shorts, a PE t-shirt and trainers or pumps in school. Any children without a full kit will be unable to take part in PE sessions.
Children are expected to read at home every night and bring their book bags into school every day. Children who have their reading record signed 3 time in a week will receive a raffle ticket for our class reading prize draw at the end of each half term.
Children will be expected to go on TTRockstars at home to become fluent at their times tables. Prizes and certificates will be given as they improve their Rockstar status!
Children will be given a spelling list to learn on Tuesdays and will have a test on the following Monday.
There are lots of exciting things to look forward to in Year 4 this half term.
- Literacy:- This term we will be focusing on Fairy Tales and Newspaper Reports. We will be looking at the book ‘The Pied Piper’.
- Mathematics: We will be looking at multi-step problems in addition and subtraction. We will be finding the perimeter of objects and focusing on our 6,7 and 9 times tables.
- To see what we will be looking at in istory and GeHHistory and Geography, please view the Year 4 topic map.
- Autumn 2 2019 Topic Map