Year 4 Staff:-
- Miss L McGaw (Class Teacher)
- Miss Currall (Teacher)
- Mrs McDermott (Teaching Assistant)
- Miss Valentine (Teaching Assistant)
Swimming in Year 4 is on a MONDAY. Please ensure your child has a swimming kit and towel.
Children are expected to read at home every night and bring their book bags into school every day. Children who have their reading record signed 3 time in a week will receive 5 dojos which can be used to buy prizes from the dojo shop at the end of term.
Children will be expected to go on TTRockstars at home to become fluent at their times tables. Prizes and certificates and raffle tickets will be given as they improve their Rockstar status!
Children will be given a spelling list to learn on Tuesdays and will have a test on the following Monday.
There are lots of exciting things to look forward to in Year 4 this half term.
- Literacy:- This term we will be focusing on a novel as a theme and Non – Chronological Reports. We will be looking at the book, The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lessmore by W.E Joyce.
- Mathematics: We will be looking at Fractions and Area.
- Please view the Year 4 topic map to find out what we will be doing in our foundation subjects.
- Year 4 Topic Map Spring 2 2020
- Year 4 Timetable Spring 1