Year 4 Staff:-
- Mr C Davies (Class Teacher)
- Miss L Archbold (Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs C Trela (Teaching Assistant)
Children are expected to read at home but with Covid19 guidelines if a child brings their book bag back in to school it will need to be left in class box in school for 24 hours. Children who have their reading record signed 2-3 times in a week will receive 5 dojos which can be used to buy prizes from the dojo shop at the end of term.
Children will be expected to go on TTRockstars at home to become fluent at their times tables. All the way up to 12×12! Prizes, certificates and raffle tickets will be given as they improve their Rockstar status!
Children will be given a spelling list to learn on Tuesdays and will have a test on the following Monday.
Our PE lessons will be on a Thursday – Due to COVID19 restrictions your child is to come in to school wearing their PE kit on this day or their own clothes.
There are lots of exciting things to look forward to in Year 4 this half term. Please click to see our Autumn Term Overview
- Literacy:- This term we will be focusing on a Narrative and focus on the book Water Horse as our topic is the Loch Ness Monster!
- Mathematics: We will be re-capping place value from previous year group to start with and then following ‘Maths Mastery’ units of work.
- Please view the Year 4 topic map to find out what we will be learning in our foundation subjects.
- We have a focus on Electricity in Science this term – Click here to see our Learning Challenges and Homework…
Year 4 Homework Maths Book Y4 Autumn homework book