The Mermaid Class
Welcome back to the new school year! We have all settled in well to our new classroom.
Year 3 Staff:-
- Miss Briscoe (Class Teacher and SENCO)
- Mrs Melia (Y3 Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs McDermott (Y3/Y4 Teaching Assistant)
In Year 3 PE is on a Tuesday. Please ensure your child has shorts, a PE t-shirt and trainers or pumps in school. Any children without a full kit will be unable to take part in PE sessions.
Children are expected to read at home every night and bring their book bags into school on a Wednesday to be changed. Children who have their reading record signed will get Dojo points. If you would like to change your reading book more regularly, speak to Miss Briscoe.
Children will be expected to go on TTRockstars at home to become fluent at their times tables. Prizes and certificates will be given as they improve their Rockstar status!
Children will be given a spelling list to learn on Friday and will have a test on the following Friday. Children can practice their spellings on Spelling Shed.
This half term we are looking at the Geography and History of Liverpool so our homework is to create a 3D model of one of Liverpool’s landmarks. This is due in on Thursday 24th October.
There are lots of exciting things to look forward to in Year 3 this half term.
- Literacy: This half term we will be focusing on Folk Tales and Biographies. We will be be reading the Tin Forest by Helen Ward.
- Mathematics: We are beginning with Place Value to 1000 before moving on to addition and subtraction.
- Topic: ‘Liverpool’. This half term we will be looking at the geography and history of our city, Liverpool. We will be going into Liverpool city centre to visit the Museum of Liverpool and travel up Radio City Tower!
Have a look at our Topic Map for this half term.