The Mermaid Class
Welcome back to the new school year! We have all settled in well to our new classroom.
Year 3 Staff:-
- Miss Briscoe (Class Teacher and SENCO)
- Mrs Melia (Y3 Teaching Assistant)
- Mrs McDermott (Y3/Y4 Teaching Assistant)
In Year 3 PE is on a Tuesday. Please ensure your child has shorts, a PE t-shirt and trainers or pumps in school. Any children without a full kit will be unable to take part in PE sessions.
Children are expected to read at home every night and bring their book bags into school on a Wednesday to be changed. Children who have their reading record signed will get Dojo points. If you would like to change your reading book more regularly, speak to Miss Briscoe.
Children will be expected to go on TTRockstars at home to become fluent at their times tables. Prizes and certificates will be given as they improve their Rockstar status!
Children will be given a spelling list to learn on Friday and will have a test on the following Friday. Children can practice their spellings on Spelling Shed.
This half term we are learning about balanced diets and keeping healthy. Your homework is to create a model of a healthy balanced meal. Please bring it into class by 12th December.
There are lots of exciting things to look forward to in Year 3 this half term.
- Literacy: This half term we will be focusing on fables, shape poetry and persuasive letters. We will be reading Aesop’s Fables by Michael Morphago.
- Mathematics: We are developing our mental and formal methods of addition and subtraction before moving on to multiplication and division where we will be learning our 3, 4 and 8 times tables.
- Topic: ‘Healthy Humans’. In our Science lessons we will be learning about human skeleton as well as the nutritional value of food. We will then be creating some healthy snacks in DT and making fruit models in Art lessons.
Have a look at our Topic Map for this half term.