Name of Committee: Resources Committee
Number of Governors: Minimum of 3 Governors
Quorum: 3 Governors (including Headteacher)
The Committee will meet at least once a term and provide minutes of the meetings for distribution to
all Governors prior to the next full meeting of the Governing Body. The Governing Body/Committee
will appoint a Chair and a Clerk. The Committee may also co-opt up to two non-voting members with
financial/audit skills as appropriate.
- To approve the budget for the year.
- To assist the Headteacher in monitoring the budget during the course of the year.
- To approve/review delegated duties.
- In consultation with the Headteacher to vire monies up to £10,000.
- To ensure that the school complies with the legal requirements of Fair Funding and Financial Regulations.
- To ensure compliance with principles of best value.
- To arrange the auditing of non-public funds
- To approve contracts over the value of £10,000
- To liaise with the Authority.
- To recommend a charging policy to the full Governing Body and to oversee its implementation.
- To consider/deal with premises related matters when finance is involved.
- To carry out other fiance related tasks as delegated by the full Governing Body.
- To develop, review and oversee the implementation of the Governing Body’s personnel policies, to
include making recommendations to the Full Governing Body on:
- Adoption of procedure for discipline, competency and grievance matters
- *Appointments and dismissal policies, including a mechanism for convening panels for the
appointment of Head and Deputy Head Teachers and leadership group
- **Whole school pay policy ensuring annual review of salaries
- Complaints policy and procedure
- Performance management policy
- Equal Opportunities ensuring that all personnel matters are conducted in compliance with this policy.