Name of Committee: Curriculum Committee
Number of Governors: Minimum of 3 Governors
Quorum: 3 Governors (including head teacher)
The committee will meet at least once per term and provide minutes of the meeting for distribution to all Governors prior to the next full meeting of The Governing Body. The Governing Body/Committee will appoint a Chair and a Clerk. The meetings will be open to other Governors.
- To make recommendations to the full Governing Body on curriculum policy matters.
- To make recommendations to the full Governing Body on the school improvement plan.
- To carry out the Governor’s responsibilities in relation to children with special educational needs.
- To carry out the Governor’s responsibilities in relation to National Curriculum assessment, reporting to parents and the provision of information to parents/LA/DCSF.
- To carry out the Governor’s responsibilities in relation to the inspection of schools.
- To carry out other curriculum related tasks as delegated by the full Governing Body.
All decisions will be made to meet the five outcomes of the every Child Matters Agenda – be safe, be healthy, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution and achieve economic well-being.
Enjoy and achieve, in particular, will guide decision making towards ensuring each child is given the opportunity to reach his/her full potential.